Security and Fraud Alerts
DO NOT ENTER THE INFORMATION!
Learn these tips and be sure those close to you know them as well:
- Be very cautious in regard to automated messages especially those being generated from an unknown source that is requesting information on any Debit/ATM and/or Credit cards.
- Do not trust any message stating that your, or their card, was “deactivated” and that they need to “press 1” and put in their “16 digit card number” to activate it. This is a Phishing Scam do not respond.
- Never give your personal information to anyone that calls requesting your full card or social security number.
If you feel you are a victim of this scam, contact us immediately.
Protect Yourself from Identity Theft
Progressions will never initiate a request for sensitive information via e-mail (e.g. Social Security number, PINs, passwords or account numbers). If you receive an e-mail that requests this type of sensitive information contact us to verify its authenticity.
Did You Know?
- You are more likely to become a victim of identity theft than you are to be in a car accident or develop heart disease?
- If you become a victim, you will spend between 60 and 600 hours repairing your tainted identity?
- One third of victims report that they have been unsuccessful in repairing the damage even after a year of trying?
Progressions Credit Union offers free identity theft recovery services. Please click here for more information.
Identity Theft Check Up
There is a growing crime in this country and you are at risk of becoming a victim. It’s called Identity Theft and it can happen to people of all ages and all income levels, even those who don’t use credit cards or the internet. You are almost five times as likely to fall victim to identity theft as you are to be in a traffic accident. And YOU are the only one that stands between the criminal and his intentions.
Although no one can prevent identity theft completely, you can minimize your risk by being aware of the ways in which criminals operate, stay vigilant and be prepared.
Progressions Credit Union is working in cooperation with the Federal Trade Commission to get the word out to as many consumers as possible. Please take a few minutes to take the following quiz to see how prepared you are to safeguard your good name.
Carelessness Can Cost You
Americans are concerned about someone stealing their credit card, check, or debit card numbers, but 28% are careless with receipts, according to a recent survey from Paymentech (a processor and acquirer of credit card transactions and provider of fraud-prevention software).
Disregarding receipts that have valuable information greatly increases the risk of credit and debit card fraud. Nearly 13% of those surveyed throw the receipt away without tearing or shredding it. Another 13% leave the receipt in the bag they got with the purchase.
Thieves easily can find receipts with valid account numbers in trash cans. Some easy steps you can take to prevent thieves from stealing your financial information:
- Shred all preapproved credit offers, credit and debit card receipts, insurance forms, financial statements, and other paperwork containing personal and financial information;
- Check credit union statements and other financial statements monthly for discrepancies and order a credit report once a year to make sure no one else is using your personal information to obtain credit cards or services;
- Don’t print your Social Security number on your checks and don’t carry your Social Security card in your wallet.
- Be hesitant about giving personal or financial information over the telephone–make sure you know the caller and know how the information will be used.
Safe Deposit Box
Progressions Credit Union offers Safe Deposit Boxes at our Mission office and we currently have boxes available. Below is a list of box sizes and prices. To open a Safe Deposit Box contact our Member Service Department at 509.535.0191 or 800.828.8691.
|Box Size||Regular Price||Price for Smart Choice Members|