Your credit union has joined together with other credit unions nationwide in a cooperative effort to bring you a new choice in financial convenience. The CU Service Centers® Network! You can now perform many of your financial transactions and obtain services at branch locations of other credit unions belonging to the network.
By using the CU Service Centers® Network, your accounts remain at your own credit union, but you can access your accounts and conduct business with your credit union through any of the convenient CU Service Centers® locations. In this way, through a network of participating credit unions, access to your accounts and credit unions services is made easier.
CU Service Centers® Locations
There are over 6,700 CU Service Centers® throughout the United States, Italy, Puerto Rico, United Kingdom, Guam and Germany. For a complete listing of locations and hours of operation:
At CU Service Centers® you can:
- Make deposits and withdrawals
- Transfer funds
- Make loan payments and obtain loan advances
- Request Statement Prints (Recent Account History)
Additional Services at Most Locations:
- Fax services and Photocopies
- Money Orders
- Traveler’s Checks
- Notary services
Frequently Asked Questions about Shared Branching:
- How can I find an outlet? By using the online locator at http://www.cuswirl.com/ or by calling 1-888-cuswirl (287-9475). There are also free downloadable Smart Phone Apps for Android and iPhones at www.cuswirl.com/mobile-locator.
- What are the various ways I can access Shared Branching? By visiting any participating outlet; by using a Vcom Unit Kiosks® at participating 7 Eleven® locations (about half of all 7-Eleven®stores); or by calling the Shared Branching Call Center at 1-866-Mycunow (692-8669).
- What type of transactions may I conduct through Shared Branching? You can make deposits, withdrawals, transfers, loan payments, obtain loan advances and receive recent account history printouts.